1. Welcome to Alabama Gun Forum
    Alabama Gun Forum is a forum dedicated to Alabama gun owners allowing your to talk about firearms, training, and giving you a place to sell and buy firearms in our marketplace for FREE. On top of that, Alabama Gun Forum is the only forum owned by an Alabama Resident.
    Dismiss Notice

Videos From Ecps Uspsa 9/16/17

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by TennJeep1618, Sep 18, 2017.

1. TennJeep1618

TennJeep1618 Member

I shot Carry Optics for the first time at the Emerald Coast Practical Shooters match at CORE Shooting Solutions this past Saturday.

I realized on the way to the match that I never truly zeroed the gun. I got it close enough to shoot a plate at 15yds, but never shot it any further than that. After shooting it at paper yesterday, I found that it was printing 3 inches low and 2 inches right at 25yds. I'm pretty sure two of my mikes were a result of the bad zero. The others are all my fault.

This match is one I don't go to very often and I remembered some of the reasons during the match. Stages 1, 2, and 4 were fairly interesting and had some viable options, at least for low cap shooters. About 2/3 of my squad were diligent about helping paste and reset, but the other 1/3 just sat around most of the time. Unfortunately I didn't realize it was happening until the match was almost over. Another problem is the heat on the range. I love the gravel/crushed asphalt in the bays, but the awnings are way back from the shooting area and the ground reflects a lot of light and heat.

As far a my match, I learned a lot. I need to get more familiar with this platform (or whatever platform I decide to stick with in CO), and get used to how the gun/dot behaves during recoil. I started on Stage 3 and tried to shoot this gun like I do my open gun. I learned that I need a lot more visual patience in order to shoot more A's. My A/C ratio was fine for Major PF, but I need more A's when shooting Minor.

Overall, I had a lot of fun shooting a new gun with no expectations and I look forward to learning this new division.